The Life Nursery staff are hand picked and go through the ‘safer recruitment’ process to ensure they are suitable to work with children.
This process ensures that all experience and qualifications are checked and validated for accuracy and references are always taken up. We employ a high-quality team of Early Years Practitioners with qualifications ranging from NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education to Level 6, BA in Childhood Studies with Early Years Professional Status. Our practitioners undertake regular training to ensure they have the appropriate knowledge and are up to date with current legislation and guidance. All of our staff have regular supervisions which enables the Manager to identify training needs, as well as discussing what is going well and where we can do things better. Staff attend regular training ensuring we can cater for individual children’s needs, this enables us to keep ourselves up to date with new legislation as well as extending our knowledge and expertise.
We provide placement opportunities for students considering as well as studying a childcare qualification and also apprenticeships. We value the experience, knowledge and assistance our volunteers give to the setting.
Training & Qualifications
At The Life Nursery we know the importance of good training and qualifications. We currently have:
- Nursery Manager – Mrs Louise Gray – qualified BA in Childhood Studies with Early Years Professional Status, Designated Safeguarding Lead, Level 3 SENCO
- Deputy Manager – Mrs Francesca Edwards – qualified BA Hons Degree in Early Years), Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead, Behaviour Co-ordinator
- Early Years Practitioner – Mrs Kirsty Beck – qualified NVQ Level 3 Children’s Care, Learning & Development – Level 3 SENCO
- Early Years Practitioner – Miss Demi Gibson – qualified EDI Level 3 – Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (Early Learning and Childcare)
- Early Years Practitioner – Miss Tayyabah Kauser – qualified Level 3 for the Children and Young People’s Workforce. Studying Early Years Lead Practitioner (EYLP) Apprenticeship Level 5
- Childcare Apprentice – Miss Chloe Whitehead – BTEC Level 2 Diploma and studying Level 3 Early Years Educator
Safety is of paramount importance to us therefore all our staff have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
All of our qualified staff hold a current Paediatric First Aid Certificate and the Manager and Deputy hold First Aid at Work