The Life Nursery staff are hand picked and go through an interview and assessment process.
This process ensures that all experience and qualifications are checked and validated for accuracy and references are always taken up. We employ a high-quality team of Early Years Practitioners with qualifications ranging from NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education to Level 6, BA in Childhood Studies with Early Years Professional Status. Our practitioners undertake regular training to ensure up-to-date knowledge and guidance and all qualified staff have full paediatric first aid. All of our staff go through monthly observations which enables our manager to identify training needs, as well as discussing what is going well and where we can do things better. Staff attend regular training ensuring we can cater for individual children’s needs, this enables us to keep ourselves up to date with new legislation as well as extending our knowledge and expertise.
We provide placement opportunities for students considering as well as studying a childcare qualification. We value the experience, knowledge and assistance our volunteers give to the setting.
Training & Qualifications
At The Life Nursery we know the importance of good training and qualifications. We currently have:
- Nursery Manager qualified BA in Childhood Studies with Early Years Professional Status.
- Deputy Manager qualified CACHE Diploma in Childcare and Education – Level 3 (working towards BA Hons Degree in Early Years).
- 1 Early Years Practitioner qualified NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education.
- 1 Support Early Years Practitioner qualified Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
- 1 Childcare Apprentice Level 2
Safety is of paramount importance to us therefore all our staff have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
All of our qualified staff hold a current Paediatric First Aid Certificate.